AudiSRS.com
 Home  •  Forums  •  New Posts  •  Search  •  Classifieds  •  Insurance  •  Advertisers  •  Shop  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in   •  Join! (free)
 S4 leather repairs View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Bushy-1868
Brand New, Welcome :)


Car: S4 B5 Avant

Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:30 pm  Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thought I'd post up a few pictures of my first attempt of repairing my cracked and worn seats in my S4 using Gliptone Scuff master.

Before
[/img]









After  





View user's profileSend private message
markmcc
Knows a Bit


Car: Ur Quatrro/Rs4 b5
Power: Heaps

Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 182

Location: inverness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like a good job. Interesting to see how long it will last before the cracks show or is it that good.

_________________
Rs4 B5 noggy
Ur quattro 20v
View user's profileSend private message
pjbRs
Veteran


Car: Noggy blue b5 Rs4

Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Posts: 7495

Location: west london

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it all just colour or does it have a clear coat lacquer on top?

_________________
2015 Rs6 avant plus
2014 B8 S4 avant black panoramic roof. Sold
2012 lotus Evora S frost blue with black premium sports trim.
2001 B5 RS4 avant Nogaro Blue. Sold
1998 B5 S4 avant Santorin. Sold
View user's profileSend private message
Bushy-1868
Brand New, Welcome :)


Car: S4 B5 Avant

Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pjbRs wrote:
Is it all just colour or does it have a clear coat lacquer on top?
It's all colored dye which has a built in sealent.
View user's profileSend private message
Noggymike
Veteran


Car: 2002 B5 RS4
Power: 430 bhp
Torque: Whatever
Engine code: BHP

Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 12209

Location: In front of you, lol'ing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks great.

Would be really helpful to have an update say in 6 - 9 months to see how it has dealt with the wear and tear issues over that time.


_________________
My Noggy family has done me proud!

http://audisrs.com/about41986.html
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
BNBboyo
Skilled


Car: Audi S4 B5
Power: Tasty
Torque: Tastier

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 1431

Location: South Wales

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tbh the dirt in the cracks make the cracks look worse/deeper than they really are...good going
View user's profileSend private message
guymcc
Expert


Car: Misano RS4 B5
Power: 504ps
Torque: 604nm

Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 4660

Location: Aberdeenshire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good effort, certainly looks a lot better!

_________________
Misano B5 RS4 - Now weekend runner
Pearl white 20v ur quattro - mmmm!
Daily mk5 gt tdi pd170
Audi 80 B4 avant alpine white!- Sold
S3 8l Imola! - Sold
Red S3 - Sold
Black 1.9TDI A3 - Sold
View user's profileSend private message
HPsauce
Skilled



Joined: 13 Mar 2013
Posts: 1422


PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
View user's profileSend private message
Bushy-1868
Brand New, Welcome :)


Car: S4 B5 Avant

Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HPsauce wrote:
I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
I cleaned the seats first with gliptone leather cleaner I then used a fast drying solvent remover/cleaner. I did rub a little into the really bad areas before I sprayed them as it was what is recommended.
View user's profileSend private message
lewiswlawrence
Skilled


Car: S4 B5 2000 facelift
Power: >500
Torque: >500

Joined: 23 Nov 2011
Posts: 1108

Location: Aberdeenshire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bushy-1868 wrote:
HPsauce wrote:
I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
I cleaned the seats first with gliptone leather cleaner I then used a fast drying solvent remover/cleaner. I did rub a little into the really bad areas before I sprayed them as it was what is recommended.


Good work, about to do something similar to mine. I have the Gliptone stuff ready to go. Did you use any of the gloss enhancer? I tested a little and am not sure I need any, would appreciate some advice from someone who has been there.

_________________
-----
Lewis
My attempt to make my ideal road car:
http://audisrs.com/about54755.html
View user's profileSend private message
Bushy-1868
Brand New, Welcome :)


Car: S4 B5 Avant

Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lewiswlawrence wrote:
Bushy-1868 wrote:
HPsauce wrote:
I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
I cleaned the seats first with gliptone leather cleaner I then used a fast drying solvent remover/cleaner. I did rub a little into the really bad areas before I sprayed them as it was what is recommended.


Good work, about to do something similar to mine. I have the Gliptone stuff ready to go. Did you use any of the gloss enhancer? I tested a little and am not sure I need any, would appreciate some advice from someone who has been there.
no I never used any gloss protection I've actually not heard of it but the finish I got I'm very happy with.
View user's profileSend private message
Rez
Skilled



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 1176

Location: County Durham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same colour leather as mine, difference is staggering. Nice Job

_________________
Rez & Sons - Fine purveyors of asking stupid S4 related questions everyone else is too embarrassed to ask, since 2014.
View user's profileSend private message
lewiswlawrence
Skilled


Car: S4 B5 2000 facelift
Power: >500
Torque: >500

Joined: 23 Nov 2011
Posts: 1108

Location: Aberdeenshire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bushy-1868 wrote:
lewiswlawrence wrote:
Bushy-1868 wrote:
HPsauce wrote:
I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
I cleaned the seats first with gliptone leather cleaner I then used a fast drying solvent remover/cleaner. I did rub a little into the really bad areas before I sprayed them as it was what is recommended.


Good work, about to do something similar to mine. I have the Gliptone stuff ready to go. Did you use any of the gloss enhancer? I tested a little and am not sure I need any, would appreciate some advice from someone who has been there.
no I never used any gloss protection I've actually not heard of it but the finish I got I'm very happy with.


You get a little bottle of gloss enhancer in the kit. Instructions say to mix with dye as required based on testing.

_________________
-----
Lewis
My attempt to make my ideal road car:
http://audisrs.com/about54755.html
View user's profileSend private message
Bushy-1868
Brand New, Welcome :)


Car: S4 B5 Avant

Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lewiswlawrence wrote:
Bushy-1868 wrote:
lewiswlawrence wrote:
Bushy-1868 wrote:
HPsauce wrote:
I'm doing something similar to mine but using dye from Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ which has a separate sealer coat.
Out of interest did you clean the stained/damaged areas and rub dye into the cracks first or just spray all over?
I cleaned the seats first with gliptone leather cleaner I then used a fast drying solvent remover/cleaner. I did rub a little into the really bad areas before I sprayed them as it was what is recommended.


Good work, about to do something similar to mine. I have the Gliptone stuff ready to go. Did you use any of the gloss enhancer? I tested a little and am not sure I need any, would appreciate some advice from someone who has been there.
no I never used any gloss protection I've actually not heard of it but the finish I got I'm very happy with.


You get a little bottle of gloss enhancer in the kit. Instructions say to mix with dye as required based on testing.
I never got that with my kit but I will look into it
View user's profileSend private message
Ian_C
Experienced



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 2938

Location: Bedford

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I'm following this thread, superb results.

_________________
B6 S4 Avant gone but never ever forgotten
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic

Share |

 Jump to:   


View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Powered by phpBB phpBB Group



AudiSRS.com is not affiliated with Audi in any way. The Audi name and logos are registered trademarks of Audi
The content on this website has not been endorsed by Audi, nor has it been verified for correctness by AudiSRS.com.
All other logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest are copyright by AudiSRS.com