Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S3 & RS 3 (8P) quattro
Cornishmoocher

Cant be assed to trawl thru the posts so.....

Test drove an RS3 this morning.... my god.... what a car.......... I am in love. And not sure what the tuning potential is but i am sure its fairly large. I definately want one, but this was on a 11 plate in white with black optics 4 door- forgot to ask whether the do a 2 door-9k miles 41k...

One question.....
I noticed that the rear tyres were 225's and the fronts 235's..... even the saleman said nah mate it cant be you have got that wrong... until i pointed out to him the disctinct 225 on the rears........

Anyone shed any light on this.        
Moonwalker

It will be good to have you back in the fold Mooch, and yeah the RS3 does have fatter tyres at the front then back, odd, it is supposed to help handling, apparently. Did it?
dest

No idea about the tyres, but they dont do a 2 door
Cornishmoocher

dest wrote:
No idea about the tyres, but they dont do a 2 door

Feck........  
Cornishmoocher

Moonwalker wrote:
It will be good to have you back in the fold Mooch, and yeah the RS3 does have fatter tyres at the front then back, odd, it is supposed to help handling, apparently. Did it?

Felt pretty bloody planted to me..... didnt really hoon it mooch stylee tho, altho did get 140 very esaily and it felt like it would just keep going...... and was impressed by the brakes too......
As for a return...... 40k is a lot of dosh....... but...... maybe.........
hiltoa

Yep Mooch, meant to have the tyre mismatch to improve handling - from the Audi press release:

"The new range-topping model in the A3 series boasts 19-inch cast aluminum wheels fitted with 235/35 series tires at the front and 225/35 at the rear. The wheels come standard with machine-polished titanium-look styling, but are optionally available in black with a red rim flange."

https://www.audi-mediaservices.co...standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html
Cornishmoocher

hiltoa wrote:
Yep Mooch, meant to have the tyre mismatch to improve handling - from the Audi press release:

"The new range-topping model in the A3 series boasts 19-inch cast aluminum wheels fitted with 235/35 series tires at the front and 225/35 at the rear. The wheels come standard with machine-polished titanium-look styling, but are optionally available in black with a red rim flange."

https://www.audi-mediaservices.co...standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

Well..... i'll be...... all these years and ferrari and Lambo have been getting it all wrong!!  
S4Player

Theres a ttrs with a remap and decat pipe pulling an 11.3 second 1/4 mile. Same engine and gearbox in the rs3 so I'd say the tuning potential is huge! Bite the bullet and go for one I say
aka_dk

pretty old car thou

great engine, gearbox and brakes but the rest is pretty average

put your 40k into a C6
alg7

Tis something MTM did many years ago with their tuned S2 the RSR.
They found it reduced understeer.
I surprise myself with what I have stored in the ageing brain sometimes

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/articles/vag_jul_95.htm
jockthedog

odd tyres eh? I might give that a try with the next set.
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S3 & RS 3 (8P) quattro
Page 1 of 1