Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Tuning and Modifications
carbonrsv

carbon wrap the best you can get

right peeps i have a mate thats massive on the audi bmw scene i read alot about carbon wraps ie 3m, geniune or as close to carbon as possible now i love my bike and wouldnt put any thing on it that risks giving it a cheap look now heres pics of what ive had wrapped in carbon then look at 3m stuff and ill let you decide what route you wanna go down ps 3m dinoc cannot not be laquered as you get orange peel effect






let me know what you think
jimbo

gotta love the millies. welcome
carbonrsv

gotta love em when every bit is carbon ha ha nearly done
jimbo

mines an 04 factory so already got a bit of carbon on.
ollys

jimbo wrote:
mines an 04 factory so already got a bit of carbon on.

Welcome dude - rsv milles rock.

Not sure about the carbon wrapping both in principle and where aesthetically the weave is a bit all over the place?
carbonrsv

well in theory it wieghs no more than stock panels and the weave has been done like that so when i put the other panels on the weave will flow through all the panels and wrapping is a ideal way to get carbon panels that are not available and you cant get 2xtwill in carbon oem panels  
pascal77uk

hey mate what material was this done in
Juice

wow, that looks as close to carbon as you can get it in a wrap, certainly more realistic then mine....

how much do you? or this play charge? and where are they|?
carbonrsv

pascal77uk wrote:
hey mate what material was this done in



this is 2x twill carbon fibre
carbonrsv

Juice wrote:
wow, that looks as close to carbon as you can get it in a wrap, certainly more realistic then mine....

how much do you? or this play charge? and where are they|?




its close to carbon because it is carbon fibre
davs4

Is this a 2x2 twill skinning kit?
pjbRs

I had a guy who made all my carbon fibre bits, real thing, but he stopped doing it as he had health problems. Great shame as he is a real craftsman and a perfectionist, i had a full set of engine covers and slam panels made i still get offers to buy them from the focus clubs.

That looks pretty dam good.
carbonrsv

davs4 wrote:
Is this a 2x2 twill skinning kit?


2xtwil carbon fibre no kit he moulds it around my panels
carbonrsv

pjbs wrote:
I had a guy who made all my carbon fibre bits, real thing, but he stopped doing it as he had health problems. Great shame as he is a real craftsman and a perfectionist, i had a full set of engine covers and slam panels made i still get offers to buy them from the focus clubs.

That looks pretty dam good.


perfection is this kids middle name
davs4

carbonrsv wrote:
davs4 wrote:
Is this a 2x2 twill skinning kit?


2xtwil carbon fibre no kit he moulds it around my panels


That's what the skinning kit does  
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Tuning and Modifications
Page 1 of 1