Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S4, S5, RS 5, RS 4 (B8) quattro
Chiefbadger

Insurance for stage 2

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I'm hoping to visit MRC for a bit of work once the Simos 16 ECU is cracked, but my insurance is due for renewal and I can't find anyone who will insure the car with more than 100bhp over standard.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tried Chris Knott, but they said 100bhp increase was the most they could cover. Sky seemed more confident but didn't get a definitive answer. Flux were quoting north of 1000 (non modified quotes are circa 400 for comparison. Any obvious places I should be trying?!

Cheers in advance!
Ols
martziniuk

Well Flux were cheapest for me @ 435 with Sky a close second. They did say if I'd have had the car for at least a year it would have been cheaper. My car is stage 2
Chiefbadger

Thanks for this, appreciate it. Flux told me the price would drop if I did a lid more mods, but I really want to keep it to engine mods.

P.s - sorry for double post, iPhone issues!
xpower

Flux are coming out cheapest for me
Graham

Have you tried A-plan?

Dippy found A-plan helpful in this similar thread: http://audisrs.com/about59141
Chiefbadger

Thanks Graham, struggling with the search function on this phone. Looks like A plan are worth a look then. Thanks muchly!
Graham

Things change so you were welcome to post again. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Dippy

My insurance is due for renewal in a few weeks and I'll be having the same conversation with A-Plan again to make sure that the underwriter (Ageas) is still open to up to 45% power increases. As I didn't know about the SIMOS 16 when I insured last year I guess I have paid at least 100 more than I had to just to be with a mod-friendly insurer. I hope that I didn't waste my money, and that they still consider me an acceptable risk!
Dippy

It makes me wonder how many people are driving modified cars with the risk of insurance claim refusal. I understand that every DPF deleted car is in that category. Are all S4/S5 stage 2 car owners in it too?
xpower

Nope
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Re: Insurance for stage 2

Chiefbadger wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I'm hoping to visit MRC for a bit of work once the Simos 16 ECU is cracked, but my insurance is due for renewal and I can't find anyone who will insure the car with more than 100bhp over standard.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tried Chris Knott, but they said 100bhp increase was the most they could cover. Sky seemed more confident but didn't get a definitive answer. Flux were quoting north of 1000 (non modified quotes are circa 400 for comparison. Any obvious places I should be trying?!

Cheers in advance!
Ols

Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at the quotation for you to see if there is anything more I can do for you.
Regards,
Dan.
Chiefbadger

Trickier than expected this insurance malarkey! Cheers for the offer Dan but you guys were nearly 3x the price I got in the end. Your guys were very open that it would drop dramatically with a few more mods though, so maybe in a few years

Very pleased with the quote from Chris Knott so have gone with this. Just need MRC to crack the ECU and then keep me to 430bhp at 6000rpm or wherever peak power is as stock!
aidank1981

Chiefbadger wrote:
it would drop dramatically with a few more mods though, so maybe in a few years


Why would it go down with a few MORE mods?
Chiefbadger

aidank1981 wrote:
Chiefbadger wrote:
it would drop dramatically with a few more mods though, so maybe in a few years


Why would it go down with a few MORE mods?


Apparently just a few engine tweaks doesn't really count. If it was dropped, cosmetically tweaked etc, then apparently I'd have got a better quote.
Graham

I don't follow quite how the price would drop, but I can see how the price could be more competitive with more mods if that brings you into the range of criteria the insurer seeks.
Chiefbadger

Graham wrote:
I don't follow quite how the price would drop, but I can see how the price could be more competitive with more mods if that brings you into the range of criteria the insurer seeks.


Think it's exactly that. Their insurers clearly look for real modifiers, not someone who just wants to get what the engine should be giving already.
Dippy

We all know that car insurance is more 'art' than 'science'. They tell you that the premium is based on risk analysis, but then when you tell them that you won't renew because you got a cheaper quote elsewhere, they drop the renewal price. Although maybe the risk has reduced because staying with the same company for another year makes you a safer driver???
xpower

Spot on Dippy
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S4, S5, RS 5, RS 4 (B8) quattro
Page 1 of 1