Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi Ur quattro
Andy Conway

O/S drivers wing required

Hi All,

Has anyone got a O/S drivers wing for sale?  The wing on my UR quattro is pretty rusty and i would perfer to change it.

Please PM me

Thanks
philipwalker

Re: O/S drivers wing required

Andy Conway wrote:
Hi All,

Has anyone got a O/S drivers wing for sale?  The wing on my UR quattro is pretty rusty and i would perfer to change it.

Please PM me

Thanks


Andy,
The wings are available new from Audi Tradition.

Form experience they need some mods to get the correct fit.

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Welcome.do

Part numbers are
857821022 for the O/S
857821021 for the N/S
The cost is 500,00 euros.
Andy Conway

Thanks for the info Phil

Cheers
quattrokid

Send a pm to Amanda

She has a genuine original wing and not one of those arse effort batch that was made.

Finding 1 is one thing... the asking price is quiet another!!!!
Might be easier and cheaper to get your wing repaired by a metal worker.
Andy Conway

Decided to buy a wing from the traditional Audi.  I'll upload a pic of it when it arrives and let you know how it fits.

Thanks

Andrew
Jsws3

Andy Conway wrote:
Decided to buy a wing from the traditional Audi.  I'll upload a pic of it when it arrives and let you know how it fits.

Thanks

Andrew


They fit awfull and are 4mm to low and there will be a big gap from the bonnet to the wing .

Was it 800 euros ?
Andy Conway

Jsws3 wrote:
Andy Conway wrote:
Decided to buy a wing from the traditional Audi.  I'll upload a pic of it when it arrives and let you know how it fits.

Thanks

Andrew


They fit awfull and are 4mm to low and there will be a big gap from the bonnet to the wing .

Was it 800 euros ?


Awww, Dont say that   Wish you had told me that earlier lol.  
Somebody on Classic Audi has mailed me tonight aswell saying he has a good wing for sale too.
You cant get a break sometimes !
Andrew
Jsws3

Send it back mate ASAP it's not fit for purpose .

Phone quattrocoachwork as I'm sure they can repair your wing for you.

Or use one of am cars later fibreglass wings buy all accounts they are a good fit .
Norrs2

Jsws3 wrote:
Send it back mate ASAP it's not fit for purpose .

Phone quattrocoachwork as I'm sure they can repair your wing for you.

Or use one of am cars later fibreglass wings buy all accounts they are a good fit .


Agree with all of this, either repair original, even if it means cutting most of it up and remake, or AM ones are good ones for fibreglass, I've seen one fitted to a car and they look pretty good to me.

The Audi tradition ones will NOT fit without major surgery unfortunately, been there.
Norrs2

Welcome by the way  Andy & jsws3.
Andy Conway

Thanks for the input guys.
TBH its on its way as I received my DHL tracking number this morning.  

I will trail fit it, take pics of how bad it fits for future people going down this route and then either see about sending it back or making one good wing out of the two.  My old wing is rotton right along the top surface, ajcent to the bonnet.  Possibly a major repair.

Cheers anyway guys.
Jsws3

Andy Conway wrote:
Thanks for the input guys.
TBH its on its way as I received my DHL tracking number this morning.  

I will trail fit it, take pics of how bad it fits for future people going down this route and then either see about sending it back or making one good wing out of the two.  My old wing is rotton right along the top surface, ajcent to the bonnet.  Possibly a major repair.

Cheers anyway guys.


How did you get on with this in the end ?
John Johnson

They are not too bad to fit, tedious but doable ... Fitted a few to my cars
Andy Conway

Hi All

The wing fitted ok as far as I know.  The body shop didn't report anything troublesome with it.

The car will be out of the body shop in the next few weeks I have afew pictures of the different processes whilst there.  once the car is back I'll get the pics up
Thanks
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi Ur quattro
Page 1 of 1