Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S3 & RS 3 (8V) quattro
josedebardi

RS3 (likely) on the way

Posting here on the assumption this sub forum will be updated to include the RS3 8V...

So it's looking pretty certain that the S1 'BumbleBeast' and the Mrs vRS 'Wiz' are going to be chucked in for 1 car - RS3

Spec will be;

Panther Black
Super Sports Seats with red contrast stitching
Design Pack - Seatbelts, mono-pur armrests, knee pads and floor mats have red contrast stitching, plus air vents have red accents
Electric seats and lumbar
‘5-arm Rotor’ wheels in anthracite black high-gloss finish, diamond cut alloy wheels
Callipers in red
Comfort and Sound Pack - Cruise Control, B&O Sound system, Interior LED Lighting, Auto dimming rear view
Tech Pack with Audi Connect 4G
Dynamic Pack - Mag ride + Sports Exhaust
Gloss Black Pack
Audi Phone Box
Through-Load Facility
- includes rear armrest and cup holders/storage compartment
Advanced Key
Reversible Boot Mat
Non Smoking Pack
Black Rook Rails
Privacy Glass
Door Mirrors
- Heated/Dimming/Folding
Hold Assist
Reversing Camera
Audi Pre-Sense Basic
Rear Side Airbags
Driver Assistance Pack
- ACC, Lane Assist and High Beam Assist
Side Assist
4 Years Warranty


Still working on the exact numbers, but will update this thread with progress in the next few weeks!
Graham

Re: RS3 (likely) on the way

josedebardi wrote:
Posting here on the assumption this sub forum will be updated to include the RS3 8V...


Marc R

I'd wait for the saloon....
Akis

Marc R wrote:
I'd wait for the saloon....

Has it been confirmed?
josedebardi

RS3 Saloon is looking 90% likely and 90% USA only at the moment. And if it does come it will be 2016.

Plus I don't get saloons personally, totally useless boot in my world as it's only half the height of the car. They do look better though I will admit.
Arcam

ACKLEC3T

Been told Wk51 so far!
josedebardi

Interesting choice of Side Assist as the only assistant, if there is one thing I could live without it would be that!
When are you planning to go over 155mph? Presume a Europe trip at some point?
Sepang blue is a great colour though, pretty sure that date will come forward!
Noggymike

josedebardi wrote:
Interesting choice of Side Assist as the only assistant, if there is one thing I could live without it would be that!
When are you planning to go over 155mph? Presume a Europe trip at some point?
Sepang blue is a great colour though, pretty sure that date will come forward!



In your dreams?
Arcam

josedebardi wrote:
Interesting choice of Side Assist as the only assistant, if there is one thing I could live without it would be that!
When are you planning to go over 155mph? Presume a Europe trip at some point?
Sepang blue is a great colour though, pretty sure that date will come forward!


Thanks I have had side assist on my last 3 Audis and it is great, lane assist is the pants one!

I do loads of private Ring days every year so max speed is required.
josedebardi

Fair enough, I um'd and ah'd about the 174mph requirement as I would like to do a ring trip or two, but can't justify £1000 for something I might do!
I love lane assist, in combination with ACC in makes the long journeys half as tiring, I really miss not having either in the S1, and the vRS only has lane assist (as ACC was temporarily unavailable on it at the time of order). Regaining ACC is actually a BIG factor in my decision to change cars!
Side assist is nice to have, but I check my mirrors/blind spot regardless of the light being on or off anyway, only once in 15k miles in my SQ5 can I say it maybe helped, and even then it wasn't a particularly close call. Horses for courses though, it's all going to be about that 5 pot under the bonnet!
Arcam

josedebardi wrote:
Fair enough, I um'd and ah'd about the 174mph requirement as I would like to do a ring trip or two, but can't justify £1000 for something I might do!
I love lane assist, in combination with ACC in makes the long journeys half as tiring, I really miss not having either in the S1, and the vRS only has lane assist (as ACC was temporarily unavailable on it at the time of order). Regaining ACC is actually a BIG factor in my decision to change cars!
Side assist is nice to have, but I check my mirrors/blind spot regardless of the light being on or off anyway, only once in 15k miles in my SQ5 can I say it maybe helped, and even then it wasn't a particularly close call. Horses for courses though, it's all going to be about that 5 pot under the bonnet!


Acc is good but I have dropped it on this order,  my current RS4 and S3 before that have/had it but I dont want lane assist and I will not pay that much extra for acc. The driver assist package should have all 3 items (lane and side assist plus acc).
Ian_C

Re: RS3 (likely) on the way

josedebardi wrote:
So it's looking pretty certain that the S1 'BumbleBeast' and the Mrs vRS 'Wiz' are going to be chucked in for 1 car - RS3

That's knocking 53k list?!    

Be interesting to see what kind of deal Audi are willing to do for early orders.  Imagine the will be a 'finance contribution' offer in the same style as the B8 RS4 and C7 RS6 fairly soon

Will be one mean blacked out RS.....  
josedebardi

Yea, I find it odd the package misses out the side assist. It's the same on all models.
josedebardi

Re: RS3 (likely) on the way

Ian_C wrote:
josedebardi wrote:
So it's looking pretty certain that the S1 'BumbleBeast' and the Mrs vRS 'Wiz' are going to be chucked in for 1 car - RS3

That's knocking 53k list?!    

Be interesting to see what kind of deal Audi are willing to do for early orders.  Imagine the will be a 'finance contribution' offer in the same style as the B8 RS4 and C7 RS6 fairly soon

Will be one mean blacked out RS.....  


£52.8k!! Lot of money, but I'm hoping a lot of car. I always spec the hell out of my cars and it pays off as they go into a special category for resale which even a well spec'd example can't enjoy (I could have sold my SQ5 for a profit in the first 3 months of ownership, and have had 2 good offers on the S1 over the last 6 months without even posting an ad!).

The average punter is getting 0% contribution/discount, but given the amount of personal and brokered business I've put through them in the last 2 years I'll be getting some kind of deal. I'm pretty sure it will be a silly trade offer on the S1 so they don't have to show any discount on a brand new RS model to head office.
Ian_C

It does take the piss that early customers pay full wack..... "sorry, no discounts Sir"....... only for a finance contribution to arrive a few months later.  Happened with the RS4 - 7k discount without even haggling *plus* HD Nav (previously around 1500) was made standard
josedebardi

So that's my order placed.

Got 5.77% discount.

Spec as above but kept the smoking pack as it's actually a handy cup holder pot/ashtray.

Numbers work out on PCP as;
£2k deposit
48 months
£737pcm
8k mileage
£22.5k GFV

We also ordered a Hyundai i10 Premium SE in Moon Blue today as the runabout. Surprisingly good car! And a steal at £10.5k (£12.1k RRP), 5 years warranty and 5 years road side. This comes in July, before which we will sell the vRS (any interested!?).

In July the S1 will go up for SoR at *** my local dealer *** - edited by DavidT at OP's request - (or let me know if you are interested!?).

RS3 could come anytime between Sept and Jan, am yet to get a build slot yet. I'm hoping nearer Jan as it allows me more time to add to the house deposit!
Arcam

josedebardi wrote:
So that's my order placed.

Got 5.77% discount.

Spec as above but kept the smoking pack as it's actually a handy cup holder pot/ashtray.

Numbers work out on PCP as;
£2k deposit
48 months
£737pcm
8k mileage
£22.5k GFV

We also ordered a Hyundai i10 Premium SE in Moon Blue today as the runabout. Surprisingly good car! And a steal at £10.5k (£12.1k RRP), 5 years warranty and 5 years road side. This comes in July, before which we will sell the vRS (any interested!?).

In July the S1 will go up for SoR at *** my local dealer *** - edited by DavidT at OP's request -  (or let me know if you are interested!?).

RS3 could come anytime between Sept and Jan, am yet to get a build slot yet. I'm hoping nearer Jan as it allows me more time to add to the house deposit!


Looks like you did pretty well on the discount, I am still waiting on my dealer!
josedebardi

The dealer's sold 3 or 4 so far and given 0% on them. It's only due to my history with them (and that they owe me some commission - the 0.77%) that they gave me such a good deal.
Were your RS4/S3 from the same dealer?
Arcam

josedebardi wrote:
The dealer's sold 3 or 4 so far and given 0% on them. It's only due to my history with them (and that they owe me some commission - the 0.77%) that they gave me such a good deal.
Were your RS4/S3 from the same dealer?


My SQ5 was from a difference dealer,  but I have purchased my S3 and RS4 from the current one, I will prod them again.
josedebardi

Arcam wrote:
josedebardi wrote:
The dealer's sold 3 or 4 so far and given 0% on them. It's only due to my history with them (and that they owe me some commission - the 0.77%) that they gave me such a good deal.
Were your RS4/S3 from the same dealer?


My SQ5 was from a difference dealer,  but I have purchased my S3 and RS4 from the current one, I will prod them again.


You should be good to get 4-5% then I reckon.
coullstar

Ian_C wrote:
It does take the piss that early customers pay full wack..... "sorry, no discounts Sir"....... only for a finance contribution to arrive a few months later.  Happened with the RS4 - 7k discount without even haggling *plus* HD Nav (previously around 1500) was made standard


That's because they know some people want new versions as soon as they come out and are prepared to pay for it.
Ian_C

josedebardi wrote:
So that's my order placed.

Got 5.77% discount.

Ace, just catching up after a week in Spain, that's a superb discount imo.  
vangelis_uae

Hello All, This is my first post here to this forum. I'm very much interested to buy RS3 and would like to have your opinion on the color. I know it is a matter of personal taste, but I'm bit confused what color should I go for.

I like to go for Gloss black styling package with black roof rails. Thinking of either Nardo Grey, Daytona Grey, Sepang Blue or Glacier White. In all cases, I will go for Red calipers and I Super Sport Seats with Red crescent stitching and RS design package.

Appreciate your help
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S3 & RS 3 (8V) quattro
Page 1 of 1