Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi TTS & TT RS (8J) quattro
MarkB

Serious question

What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?
buzzard

You see a few about now but not at track days......

It's nice to see other platforms coming to the forum though mark
Rasss-4

Agree with Buzzard, certainly makes a change and they are a nice motor. White being my fav so far. Love to see some track action...
robj

I spend most of my time either modifying the damn thing or cleaning it.... (Pole Position seats in yesterday, floating discs and Neuspeed forged wheels next week, hopefully)

It will be on the TTS stand at GTI International, run the 1/4 mile there and I'm hoping to come along to the CC track day. But don't expect manic lap times, I'm an old duffer.
MarkB

Feel free to start a new thread and post pictures

Track time isn't all about lap times its about having fun
urquattro

Rasss-4 wrote:
Agree with Buzzard, certainly makes a change and they are a nice motor. White being my fav so far. Love to see some track action...


White is the full on Vidal Sasson  
urquattro

Re: Serious question

MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


I would consider it, but setting my car up for track days is not conducive to road use, hence I don't bother
mikey-s

Re: Serious question

urquattro wrote:
MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


I would consider it, but setting my car up for track days is not conducive to road use, hence I don't bother


That's poor excuse!  If you're not serious about times etc and are just aiming to have some fun then there's not a lot you need to do to get your car ready for a trackday. Healthy brakes, oil & water levels good, tyre pressures up and you're good to go.
urquattro

Re: Serious question

mikey-s wrote:
urquattro wrote:
MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


I would consider it, but setting my car up for track days is not conducive to road use, hence I don't bother


If you're not serious about times etc and are just aiming to have some fun then there's not a lot you need to do to get your car ready for a trackday. Healthy brakes, oil & water levels good, tyre pressures up and you're good to go.


I am too competitive, I would have to quickest and track days show up everything, the car would need 500+ bhp, arb's, coil overs, pads and discs, wheels and tyres, seats and all excess weight out, all in 15-20k, when nothing would pass me on on A or B road now, then the car becomes harsh and noisy for the road.
big mac

Re: Serious question

mikey-s wrote:
urquattro wrote:
MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


I would consider it, but setting my car up for track days is not conducive to road use, hence I don't bother


That's poor excuse! If you're not serious about times etc and are just aiming to have some fun then there's not a lot you need to do to get your car ready for a trackday. Healthy brakes, oil & water levels good, tyre pressures up and you're good to go.


 
pjbRs

nothing gets passed you ? I bet I know a few White van drivers who could get passed you.
I never new tt's were the fastest thing on the road ?
dest

Id say most cars on here are not set up for track days, but everyone still goes on them!
Lame excuse IMO, especially after how we all keep hearing how they are fast/light/handle well
robj

I will have to come along now to fly the flag for the Titty, not in the way of fastest, lightest, cleverest or even slowest. But to perhaps try and convince you that we're capable of normal interaction with other members of the human race.

Well, I'll give it a go anyway!
missmouse

Re: Serious question

MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


In light of some recent threads here where TTRS's are being made out to be some kind of hyper-fast, beat-anything car, Id certainly like to see some real world track tests posted up!
robj

I'd go along with that.

There are plenty of times and video's of them round the 'ring. But I'm not an accountant so the attention span tilt light comes on long before the 8 minutes video is finished.

They're not that freakin special, and with the std 335 bhp they're just another expensive tarts car.

But, they do seem to respond to tuning better than a lot of cars. 450 plus bhp and 33 mpg? Whilst still lugging 1500 kg around? that's gotta be worth a mention in despatches
missmouse

didnt realise they were so porky for a smallish car! Thats only the weight of a fat b*****d less than a B5!
been in my mates one a few times & while its deffo a fast machine, Im not convinced it would see off my old slipper wagon very easily or even at all! - he keeps avoiding the chance of a drag race!
There is no way a std one does 0-60 in three & a half seconds tho like that yank video said.
pjbRs

Re: Serious question

missmouse wrote:
MarkB wrote:
What do the TTS / TTRS owners here do with there cars?

As a forum we are well known for getting out and doing stuff in the cars but up to recently been mainly S/RS4's and RS6's

Anyone with a TT fancy joining us for some track time soon?


In light of some recent threads here where TTRS's are being made out to be some kind of hyper-fast, beat-anything car, Id certainly like to see some real world track tests posted up!


I'm pretty sure it was the slowest in the evo mag track session behind the new bmw m1, cayman r and nissan 370z? But they did say it was great on the road, not so good round a track, due to understeer.
missmouse

yeh, I read that test too. They managed to get 0-60 in 4.6 sec for the TT - a fast time by any standards but WAY, WAY off this claimed 3.6 second time!
pjbRs

missmouse wrote:
yeh, I read that test too. They managed to get 0-60 in 4.6 sec for the TT - a fast time by any standards but WAY, WAY off this claimed 3.6 second time!


The 4.6 was for the auto too? but yep thats mighty quick for a standard car, 5 pot power.  
MarkB

urquattro wrote:
I would have to quickest


If that is your attitude I wouldn't want to be out on a track session with you so it is best you don't.

robj wrote:
I will have to come along now to fly the flag for the Titty, not in the way of fastest, lightest, cleverest or even slowest. But to perhaps try and convince you that we're capable of normal interaction with other members of the human race.

Well, I'll give it a go anyway!


Perfect approach to having a great day. You would be more than welcome to join us.  
Mitchy

missmouse wrote:
didnt realise they were so porky for a smallish car! Thats only the weight of a fat b*****d less than a B5!
been in my mates one a few times & while its deffo a fast machine, Im not convinced it would see off my old slipper wagon very easily or even at all! - he keeps avoiding the chance of a drag race!
There is no way a std one does 0-60 in three & a half seconds tho like that yank video said.


TTRS weighs 1450kg.

As to 0-60mph, Car and driver over in the US recorded 3.6secs and Autobild in Germany recorded similar.. (0-62mph in 3.9secs so 60 in the same 3.6/3.7) Direct test with the RS5 too. 335bhp vs 445bhp...

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/gr...in-drei-markenduelle-1316415.html



I'd say the figures were genuine enough. The TTRS is a hidden gem

Manual car 0-60, there were 2 last year that recorded 3.15 and 3.55 in stage 2 tune at GTI. Vid of the 3.55... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMT8kwhrvyU

As to out and out performance, back to the 30-130 stuff...



Look at the Audi's then look at the power and then look how close that TTRS is to the RS4 with over 250bhp more (410 vs 666). 14.26 vs 13.98. Look at the GTR and consider those are auto changing boxes too, look at the difference between the TTRS and the stock (ish) RS4's.

Out of that table, the TTRS is the most impressive Audi there given its power. Look at Mustys 700bhp RS4, 12.27. Impressive or not?

Well my own TTRS with only 420bhp has done the 30-130 in..



Yep, different days, conditions, temps etc etc and no, I'm not saying my car is quicker but up until some very silly speeds it would be very close and take from that what you will but my car is a manual, the S-Tronic is only going to be quicker again.

Like I said before, the TTRS is a hidden gem Bigger power only comes into effect at high speeds 160+ and then horsepower always wins. Those big power cars would make mince meat of the TTRS on a VMAX run but not out on the open road.

I agree with someone else who has posted in this thread, show me a new car priced under 45k with a 3yr warranty that will give performance like this with a little fettling and still return 30mpg+

GTR, 65k, silly running costs and 15mpg

Back to the original poster, As to track work, not for me, my car will never see a race track (Expensive hobby) but some of the guys are into it and there's plenty of ring footage. There's a pretty tasty driver who knows what he is doing behind the wheel with a TTRS, infact there are 2 over on VAGOC. I doubt any car or driver here would get close to him (unless Sebastian Vettel is hiding here )

The TTRS is not the quickest thing on 4 wheels, nope, I got my arse handed to me on a plate by a MY12 GTR at the weekend there, no idea what it was pushing but it was seriously effing quick, about 10-15 car lengths or so to 160, but never the less, it's certainly no slouch.

3rd time shall I....

Hidden gem
jamiekip

robj wrote:
I will have to come along now to fly the flag for the Titty, not in the way of fastest, lightest, cleverest or even slowest. But to perhaps try and convince you that we're capable of normal interaction with other members of the human race.

Well, I'll give it a go anyway!




Yes, we can be normal, on a good day!

We do get out and about and meet up, though not TT meets, a lot of S3 owners and mates who have moved to the dark side in BM's now.
I tracked mine at CC last year on ADI.
Highlighted the fact the brakes couldn't cope with sustained abuse (you can hear them!), so hence the new set up.

http://youtu.be/Tal1mDy20WE

http://youtu.be/h-DhmKd73Pc

I think I was chatting to one of the SRS chaps at vmax - had a red RS4 B5... which went like sh!t of a stick...

http://youtu.be/0QADIAfU9CI

Since then I've upgraded to this set up....



Which so far is proving really really good
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
urquattro wrote:
I would have to quickest


If that is your attitude I wouldn't want to be out on a track session with you so it is best don't


Why would you not want me on track with you?

You no nothing about me.
MarkB

Because being the quickest isn't what trackdays are about. Being the quickest is racing.
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
Because being the quickest isn't what trackdays are about. Being the quickest is racing.


Racing is racing being quickest is about lap times, what's the point of being on a track and not going quickly, why bother?
MarkB

AFAIK lap timing on trackdays is not allowed. If you are caught doing it you won't be allowed back on.
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
AFAIK lap timing on trackdays is not allowed. If you are caught doing it you won't be allowed back on.


So please enlighten me why anyone would want to bother with track days in a car?
MarkB

I can only answer for myself but it's to drive my car at speed without the worry of getting stopped for speeding. It's about having fun in the corners, be it getting the car to slide a bit or be it to get the best/smoothest line through the corner.

I only tend to do a couple of sessions as I bore quickly going around the track.

It's all a bit academic really as you said you wouldn't want to do it anyway so might as well leave it at that.
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
I can only answer for myself but it's to drive my car at speed without the worry of getting stopped for speeding. It's about having fun in the corners, be it getting the car to slide a bit or be it to get the best/smoothest line through the corner.

I only tend to do a couple of sessions as I bore quickly going around the track.

It's all a bit academic really as you said you wouldn't want to do it anyway so might as well leave it at that.


I am a sports psychologist, winning is the goal, you can time at the ring that's why it is so popular.

One further point you say you slide your car around, how do I know you are safe to be around?
mikey-s

IIRC timing yourself at the ring on a tourist day isn't allowed, but that's beside the point, that's not the reason it's so popular.  It's so popular simply because its an awesome, demanding track.  I've done approx 35 laps of the ring, and maybe timed myself on only a couple of those laps.

I'm with Mark on this one, trackdays aren't about being the best or fastest.  I've done trackdays in cars that simply could not have been the fastest on the day, but I did them just for the blast.
MarkB

urquattro wrote:
One further point you say you slide your car around, how do I know you are safe to be around?


If there is plenty of space from other cars what can be dangerous to others about it?
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
urquattro wrote:
One further point you say you slide your car around, how do I know you are safe to be around?


If there is plenty of space from other cars what can be dangerous to others about it?


Mark you said you didn't want to be on a track with me! That begs the assumption I am dangerous or is it you don't like being overtaken?
MarkB

I'm not taking the bate. Sorry.
Rasss-4

mmmmmm nice brakes Jamiekip!
Jules

urquattro wrote:

... I am a sports psychologist ...


What type of poor excuse for a job is that??!! Get a proper job FFS!!!  
urquattro

MarkB wrote:
I'm not taking the bate. Sorry.


You clearly baited me initially, I would like an honest answer as to why you don't want me on the same track as you?

You don't know me, you have no idea of my skills or lack of, in fact you know nothing except I posted in this forum and subsequently told my profession.

I could be an ex pro racer for all you know.
urquattro

Jules wrote:
urquattro wrote:

... I am a sports psychologist ...


What type of poor excuse for a job is that??!! Get a proper job FFS!!!


Ha ha it's all good fun
ollys

urquattro wrote:
Jules wrote:
urquattro wrote:

... I am a sports psychologist ...


What type of poor excuse for a job is that??!! Get a proper job FFS!!!


Ha ha it's all good fun


Maybe it's just me but I don't consider pointless arguments good fun...

Must be all those hours sniffing hairspray in the salon that makes one so argumentative    
urquattro

ollys wrote:
urquattro wrote:
Jules wrote:
urquattro wrote:

... I am a sports psychologist ...


What type of poor excuse for a job is that??!! Get a proper job FFS!!!


Ha ha it's all good fun


Maybe it's just me but I don't consider pointless arguments good fun...

Must be all those hours sniffing hairspray in the salon that makes one so argumentative


Your entitled to your pointless opinion too  
ollys

urquattro wrote:
ollys wrote:
urquattro wrote:
Jules wrote:
urquattro wrote:

... I am a sports psychologist ...


What type of poor excuse for a job is that??!! Get a proper job FFS!!!


Ha ha it's all good fun


Maybe it's just me but I don't consider pointless arguments good fun...

Must be all those hours sniffing hairspray in the salon that makes one so argumentative


Your entitled to your pointless opinion too


How generous of you - ta  
pjbRs

I never thought i would say it but i'm going right off these tities.
Boring!!!
Supermule

Just because its quicker than yours

pjbs wrote:
I never thought i would say it but i'm going right off these tities.
Boring!!!
MarkB

All good banter I hope and no mention of fastest colour yet ...
lynchy

MarkB wrote:
All good banter I hope and no mention of fastest colour yet ...
They are the fastest in any colour  
pjbRs

Supermule wrote:
Just because its quicker than yours

pjbs wrote:
I never thought i would say it but i'm going right off these tities.
Boring!!!


yeah but mine bigger then yours and my dads bigger!!!

Ha ha love it.  
urquattro

Supermule wrote:
Just because its quicker than yours

pjbs wrote:
I never thought i would say it but i'm going right off these tities.
Boring!!!


Ha ha Mule pm me re Inters, are you going coz were hopefully meeting up Sat night  
Supermule

I aint going mate....on crutches at the moment....:8
urquattro

Supermule wrote:
I aint going mate....on crutches at the moment....:8


Sorry to hear that, hope you get back sorted ASAP.
Supermule

Its the left knee and it hurts like hell....

Will have to be nursed by a readheaded woman.....
urquattro

Supermule wrote:
Its the left knee and it hurts like hell....

Will have to be nursed by a readheaded woman.....


Yea, if you get a cracker ask if she has a sister.  
Rasss-4

...ahhhhhem! 2 sisters....
brg1000

Markb I would love to take a track day. When are you planning one? I wont be racing like some of the clearly (almost) professionals on here who are so competitive that nothing will get past them but I would love a blast.
dest

I think you will find that it was a TTRS owner that claimed he would HAVE to be competitive and not let anything past him    everyone else said they do it for fun  
MarkB

brg1000 wrote:
Markb I would love to take a track day. When are you planning one? I wont be racing like some of the clearly (almost) professionals on here who are so competitive that nothing will get past them but I would love a blast.


Take a look http://audisrs.com/calendar.html and http://audisrs.com/forum22.php

We have something a little different to announce very soon also  
urquattro

I came over to say hello, but you all looked like hairdresser's assistants and I don't need one.

Never saw an RS4 go up the strip!
missmouse

heres one of them thar ole RS4's go'in up the strip far ya son! ( think this one has 1000 horses?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qYKAH8YFAE&NR=1
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi TTS & TT RS (8J) quattro
Page 1 of 1