Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S6 & RS 6 (C6) quattro
Steve-H

Top speed runs!!

I took a trip to Elvington airfield in York on Saturday where they were holding the British national top speed records event.

The event was open to Cars, bikes and jet cars so there was all sorts of weird creations running.

The idea was simple, go from a standing start and cover a mile and get your fastest top speed.

The big old barge was the fastest car on the day managing 180.55mph.
second car was a Toyota supra that managed 169mph.

fair to say there were a lot of shocked faces and plenty of people interested in the car after seeing the performance

Bops4

0 - 180 within a 1 mile from standing start
Holy crap I need to get saving to get rif of my oil burner c6
Professor Peach

Wow. Very impressive. And you can still carry a pile of junk to the tip at the weekend (in the snow) . Well done Steve!
Zildjian

That is incredible within a mile!!
Steve-H

The car was full of junk at the time! lol.

i went with my girlfriend and my 3 month old son so i had the baby seat in the back along all the other shite that goes with.

Does anyone know if Vmax is a longer run? maybe a 1.5 miles or 2?

id love to see what it tops out at
Professor Peach

Just pictured a 3month old wearing a little white 'stig' outfit and helmet  

Oh I see, he didn't do the run with you!
Steve-H

Professor Peach wrote:
Just pictured a 3month old wearing a little white 'stig' outfit and helmet  

Oh I see, he didn't do the run with you!


Haha unfortunately they wouldnt allow passengers, im sure he would have loved that  

im now going to look online for a baby stig outfit!!
Moonwalker

Steve-H wrote:

Does anyone know if Vmax is a longer run? maybe a 1.5 miles or 2?



Vmax is two miles, mine did 198 GPS and 204 speedo in fifth gear, still a bit and another gear to go!

Graham

Vmax (bruntingthorpe) is a rolling start onto roughly 1.6 miles of straight before braking.

Your speed over the standing mile is very impressive.
Zildjian

I suppose the most obvious question to you two is :- What the hell do you do for a living??
Challice

180mph in 1 mile...epic  
S4Player

Graham wrote:
Vmax (bruntingthorpe) is a rolling start onto roughly 1.6 miles of straight before braking.

Your speed over the standing mile is very impressive.


Was about to say this also that's big speed in a mile from a standing start. Your at speed onto 1.6 miles at brunters
marc1

Hey up Steve.  Impressive results there.  Didn't realise you had a C6. How does it compare to the C5, E61 and Mazza?
Steve-H

A trip to Vmax could be on the cards then!! Does anyone know when the event is held?

Moonwalker... what spec is your RS6?

I think with a rolling start then 1.6miles i should crack 200

marc1 wrote:
Hey up Steve.  Impressive results there.  Didn't realise you had a C6. How does it compare to the C5, E61 and Mazza?


Hi Marc, ive only had it 3 months but im loving it. the only thing i miss is the sound of the Maserati, but performance wise nothing ive had in the past compares to this      
Steve-H

Moonwalker wrote:
Steve-H wrote:

Does anyone know if Vmax is a longer run? maybe a 1.5 miles or 2?



Vmax is two miles, mine did 198 GPS and 204 speedo in fifth gear, still a bit and another gear to go!



just seen your bio showing rs6 spec, thats impressive power!

i notice on your pic your driving in manual, i did it in sport mode and just planted my right foot. is there any benefits of doing it in manual mode?
Graham

These days it's probably best to keep an eye on the Vmax200 facebook page and introduce yourself to Craig via there:

https://www.facebook.com/vmax200

One thing that puts me off is the surface at Bruntingthorpe. Going back a few years back it was getting worn, now it is pretty bad.

I am surprised they got the hypercar owners that went to the recent hypermax event. I'll be even more surprised if they return!
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S6 & RS 6 (C6) quattro
Page 1 of 1