Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi TTS & TT RS (8J) quattro
jamiekip

TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

I've waited patiently for this and finally its out...
Some pretty healthy gains... they should have stage 2 ready soon to compliment new exhaust going on in July



StumpyRS4

Wouldn't you rather have a Custom map however, rather than an off the shelf one?  MRC posted results for a TT-RS only recently with 400+bhp also.
Doug

Something is wrong with those graphs - lag is well off. Check where peak torque is on stock and tuned cars and you will see their car has something wrong or the graphs are made up.
jamiekip

A mate of mine just had it installed and should be getting it on a rolling road soon, so will post up the results of that.
Why not bespoke - I'd prefer something that had had 100's of ours of testing.  Revo are pretty established in VAG circles so i'd prefer to put my trust in them than someone going bespoke and risking timing/boost/fuel getting set up to high
aka_dk

there's VAG circles and then there is Renn Sport circles

I know where I would go
ollys

jamiekip wrote:
A mate of mine just had it installed and should be getting it on a rolling road soon, so will post up the results of that.
Why not bespoke - I'd prefer something that had had 100's of ours of testing.  Revo are pretty established in VAG circles so i'd prefer to put my trust in them than someone going bespoke and risking timing/boost/fuel getting set up to high


There are people on here who REALLY know what they are doing.....

Use the search function - on here and on RS246.com.  Should give you a clue about why bespoke from an RS specialist is better than off the shelf from a 'name' company..

My tuppence
scoobydood

ollys wrote:
jamiekip wrote:
A mate of mine just had it installed and should be getting it on a rolling road soon, so will post up the results of that.
Why not bespoke - I'd prefer something that had had 100's of ours of testing.  Revo are pretty established in VAG circles so i'd prefer to put my trust in them than someone going bespoke and risking timing/boost/fuel getting set up to high


There are people on here who REALLY know what they are doing.....

Use the search function - on here and on RS246.com.  Should give you a clue about why bespoke from an RS specialist is better than off the shelf from a 'name' company..

My tuppence


Ditto!
dest

I would rather have a custom map than a generic one EVERYTIME!
A custom one is mapped to YOUR engine, not someone elses.
It is obvious that not every engine and car is the same, so why would you want to have it running not to its best or optimum set up?

You say you wouldnt want to risk timing/boost etc being wrong, you have more chances of that happening with a generic map than a custom one.
StumpyRS4

^^ My point exactly...
revo carl

dest wrote:
I would rather have a custom map than a generic one EVERYTIME!
A custom one is mapped to YOUR engine, not someone elses.
It is obvious that not every engine and car is the same, so why would you want to have it running not to its best or optimum set up?

You say you wouldnt want to risk timing/boost etc being wrong, you have more chances of that happening with a generic map than a custom one.


This is the beauty of our software..... It’s switchable for boost, timing and AFR. Thus meaning that the software can be setup to suit the engine and the user's preference, this also means that say you add a intercooler or a intake the software can be quickly and easily adjusted to suit

hence the vehicle can always be running in optimum trim, this software also features full anti-theft and valet modes as with all our MED9 and ME7 ECU software for that extra peice of mind

hope this helps!
dest

Fair enough, it sounds good.
But with all due respect, Id still spend my money at MRC personally
StumpyRS4

Welcome Mr Revo-man ?!

Cracking first name you have too...

The point being the software is developed on one or some cars to give you a 'standard' map, which will be fine on any car of the same model.

A Custom map as you know is defined on each individual car, giving it's optimum settings for that specific car, not one that's is sort of optimum because the mapping on 10 other cars says so.

Not knocking your software at all.  I actually have a Revo map on Ze Fuhrer's A4 B6 1.9tdi and is great, but believe a Custom/bespoke map will always be better for my car than a Generic one.
MarkB

revo carl wrote:
dest wrote:
I would rather have a custom map than a generic one EVERYTIME!
A custom one is mapped to YOUR engine, not someone elses.
It is obvious that not every engine and car is the same, so why would you want to have it running not to its best or optimum set up?

You say you wouldnt want to risk timing/boost etc being wrong, you have more chances of that happening with a generic map than a custom one.


This is the beauty of our software..... It’s switchable for boost, timing and AFR. Thus meaning that the software can be setup to suit the engine and the user's preference, this also means that say you add a intercooler or a intake the software can be quickly and easily adjusted to suit

hence the vehicle can always be running in optimum trim, this software also features full anti-theft and valet modes as with all our MED9 and ME7 ECU software for that extra peice of mind

hope this helps!


Welcome to the forum revo carl.

Isn't it a bit risky putting out software that any owner can adjust critical parameters for new hardware fitted?

Without knowledge of how the fueling, knock, EGT are behaving the end users car is at some risk don't you think?
revo carl

dest wrote:
Fair enough, it sounds good.
But with all due respect, Id still spend my money at MRC personally


no that's fair, we all make our choices based on previous experience etc etc and there are some good tuners out there!
revo carl

MarkB wrote:
revo carl wrote:
dest wrote:
I would rather have a custom map than a generic one EVERYTIME!
A custom one is mapped to YOUR engine, not someone elses.
It is obvious that not every engine and car is the same, so why would you want to have it running not to its best or optimum set up?

You say you wouldnt want to risk timing/boost etc being wrong, you have more chances of that happening with a generic map than a custom one.


This is the beauty of our software..... It’s switchable for boost, timing and AFR. Thus meaning that the software can be setup to suit the engine and the user's preference, this also means that say you add a intercooler or a intake the software can be quickly and easily adjusted to suit

hence the vehicle can always be running in optimum trim, this software also features full anti-theft and valet modes as with all our MED9 and ME7 ECU software for that extra peice of mind

hope this helps!


Welcome to the forum revo carl.

Isn't it a bit risky putting out software that any owner can adjust critical parameters for new hardware fitted?

Without knowledge of how the fueling, knock, EGT are behaving the end users car is at some risk don't you think?


Hi, Thanks for the welcome!

All the VAG safety peramiters are still in place so say someone got a little trigger happy with there settings the car would simply pull back…. So in short no

That’s why all our dealers will datalog a car on a vehicle by vehicle basis they can moniter said factors and adjust the settings to suit the vehicle
MarkB

revo carl wrote:
All the VAG safety peramiters are still in place so say someone got a little trigger happy with there settings the car would simply pull back…. So in short no

That’s why all our dealers will datalog a car on a vehicle by vehicle basis they can moniter said factors and adjust the settings to suit the vehicle


So if someone put in "I want the car to run as lean as possible with as much boost and timing as possible" it would still be fine?
revo carl

StumpyRS4 wrote:
Welcome Mr Revo-man ?!

Cracking first name you have too...

The point being the software is developed on one or some cars to give you a 'standard' map, which will be fine on any car of the same model.

A Custom map as you know is defined on each individual car, giving it's optimum settings for that specific car, not one that's is sort of optimum because the mapping on 10 other cars says so.

Not knocking your software at all.  I actually have a Revo map on Ze Fuhrer's A4 B6 1.9tdi and is great, but believe a Custom/bespoke map will always be better for my car than a Generic one.


Hi, Thanks for the welcome also!

This is the point I’m trying to get across, the settings aren’t fixed for that file…. Each vehicle is set up on a vehicle by vehicle basis so data logged, settings changed, data logged again and so on until the dealer is happy with the way the vehicle is behaving much like custom tuning but with tuning that we know to be 100% due to our testing processes.

We have a much bigger market than tuners offering “custom” tuning so we need to offer the most comprehensive package possible, there is no other tuner out there that can offer anything comparable to our product. I appreciate that everyone will make there own choices but to brand our product as generic is quite far from the mark in reality, yes it is “off the shelf” but it isn’t some generic file that will get flashed on and then just given back to the customer without any adjustment to suit the vehicle.

Again I hope this helps and glad to hear your enjoying our file on the 1.9 either way!
MarkB

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

jamiekip wrote:




revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks
revo carl

MarkB wrote:
revo carl wrote:
All the VAG safety peramiters are still in place so say someone got a little trigger happy with there settings the car would simply pull back…. So in short no

That’s why all our dealers will datalog a car on a vehicle by vehicle basis they can moniter said factors and adjust the settings to suit the vehicle


So if someone put in "I want the car to run as lean as possible with as much boost and timing as possible" it would still be fine?


Lots of variables to consider in this situation (i.e are we talking about pump fuel etc)

We set upper limits for safe operation in our settings, there’s not a infinite amount of adjustment, but lets say worst case scenario…. the ECU would see high correctional factors and the ECU would pull out load, timing and boost as appropriate

No it wouldn’t be fine, the car would drive horribly but the ECU would protect the engine but as I said it wouldn’t get that far as we set safe limits based on our R&D with test vehicles
revo carl

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

MarkB wrote:

revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks


yes they are
MarkB

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

revo carl wrote:
MarkB wrote:

revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks


yes they are


Shouldn't the torque (when converted the lbft) and bhp lines cross at 5250rpm?
revo carl

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

MarkB wrote:
revo carl wrote:
MarkB wrote:

revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks


yes they are


Shouldn't the torque (when converted the lbft) and bhp lines cross at 5250rpm?


honestly can't say i looked into it that much, the car was dyno'd on a MAHA with 65 degree intake temps and an ambient of 22 degrees
MarkB

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

revo carl wrote:
MarkB wrote:
revo carl wrote:
MarkB wrote:

revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks


yes they are


Shouldn't the torque (when converted the lbft) and bhp lines cross at 5250rpm?


honestly can't say i looked into it that much, the car was dyno'd on a MAHA with 65 degree intake temps and an ambient of 22 degrees


Cool
viperbl

Re: TT-RS - Revo Stage 1

MarkB wrote:
revo carl wrote:
MarkB wrote:

revo carl :- Do you know if the 2 plots above from the same car, on the same power run? Thanks


yes they are


Shouldn't the torque (when converted the lbft) and bhp lines cross at 5250rpm?


Yes they should Mark, HP is derived from torque, and if in lb-ft/hp will always cross at 5252 (if the same scale is used).

horsepower = torque * rpm / 5252
jamiekip

Crikey.. started quite a debate didn't it.
Anyways, files going on my car at Inters so will report back on Stage 1 then
I've already dyno'd my car at Awesome with the car in stock, so will be getting another plot for stage 1, then mid July Millteks new 'race' system is going on the car and i'll be upgrading to the stage 2 map... then back for another dyno run to see how things have moved on again...
Will keep you posted but i'm pretty sure it's going to become quite the weapon
5potmad

jamiekip wrote:
Crikey.. started quite a debate didn't it.
Anyways, files going on my car at Inters so will report back on Stage 1 then
I've already dyno'd my car at Awesome with the car in stock, so will be getting another plot for stage 1, then mid July Millteks new 'race' system is going on the car and i'll be upgrading to the stage 2 map... then back for another dyno run to see how things have moved on again...
Will keep you posted but i'm pretty sure it's going to become quite the weapon


When the loud pipes fitted get a video up ya b*stard  
StumpyRS4

Looking forward to the updates...
dest

Would it be possible to see the original dyno graph rather than a "cartoon" style one that has them both seperate?
jamiekip

5potmad wrote:


When the loud pipes fitted get a video up ya b*stard  


Hahaha, turned up to 11
jamiekip

dest wrote:
Would it be possible to see the original dyno graph rather than a "cartoon" style one that has them both seperate?


When I have all of mine I'll try and plot them all in to the same chart to show how its progressed through each phase
MarkB

jamiekip wrote:
dest wrote:
Would it be possible to see the original dyno graph rather than a "cartoon" style one that has them both seperate?


When I have all of mine I'll try and plot them all in to the same chart to show how its progressed through each phase


Brilliant, looking forward to that  
jamiekip

Quick update from me.

Got the Revo Stage 1 software flashed today at Inters and so far I'm really impressed. The car feels significantly quicker straight away which is quite an achievement given how quick the stock car feels. I'm really pleased that it has retained the very smooth delivery of the stock car, just does it far more quickly now. Pulling in 6th gear from about 45mph feels genuinely quick - says a lot about the performance of the car now. Needless to say I'm really pleased with it.

An added bonus I wasn't expecting is the fact that the Revo map appears to have deleted the 'sharper' throttle response when in sport mode. This is an Audi marketing gimmick that makes the car a pig to drive around town... anyway, this has gone now, so you get the sportier sound without looking like a tw@t kangarooing down the road.

I'll report more soon.

I also picked up a new panel filter for the car which I'll throw in the car tomorrow.

My final performance mod for now should be ready very soon. I managed to hear the system I'm getting on Milltek's own TT-RS currently in final testing.
Sounded really nice and I'll then be moving the Revo to Stage 2
5potmad

jamiekip wrote:
Quick update from me.

Got the Revo Stage 1 software flashed today at Inters and so far I'm really impressed. The car feels significantly quicker straight away which is quite an achievement given how quick the stock car feels. I'm really pleased that it has retained the very smooth delivery of the stock car, just does it far more quickly now. Pulling in 6th gear from about 45mph feels genuinely quick - says a lot about the performance of the car now. Needless to say I'm really pleased with it.

An added bonus I wasn't expecting is the fact that the Revo map appears to have deleted the 'sharper' throttle response when in sport mode. This is an Audi marketing gimmick that makes the car a pig to drive around town... anyway, this has gone now, so you get the sportier sound without looking like a tw@t kangarooing down the road.

I'll report more soon.

I also picked up a new panel filter for the car which I'll throw in the car tomorrow.

My final performance mod for now should be ready very soon. I managed to hear the system I'm getting on Milltek's own TT-RS currently in final testing.
Sounded really nice and I'll then be moving the Revo to Stage 2



GET A MATE TO VIDEO A FLY-BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or your banned  
s4marsh

         
jamiekip

5potmad wrote:



GET A MATE TO VIDEO A FLY-BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or your banned  


Hahahaha, will try and get one for you mate - hard to do though.

Now I know the strip at Inters isn't great and I'm unsure on the quality of the timing gear, BUT, my mates Stage to TT RS (the one with the straight pipe) managed 3.15 to 60 and 11.68 for the 1/4.
The only faster car was a 600bhp awd MK1 Golf..... says everything about the performance of these cars...
5potmad

s4marsh wrote:
         


Forum rules apply
5potmad

EVERY pipe should be a straight pipe.
s4marsh

yeah and thats a bloody good rule.
jamiekip

I'll tell you what - wait until I have the new Milltek system on the car - should be 2nd week of July...
5potmad

jamiekip wrote:
I'll tell you what - wait until I have the new Milltek system on the car - should be 2nd week of July...



Non-res?
jamiekip

Down Pipe, sports CAT, NON RES and reduced silencing rear box (compared to Millteks current TT-RS system)

Basically when the car is in normal it sounds like my car in sport now, when the car is in sport it sounds much more fruity
5potmad

Was hoping just a stainless-steel scafolding pole like mine.    
Nudenut

Did you run the strip today ??

Saw the TTS2 car run a few time, not to shabby !!
jamiekip

Nudenut wrote:
Did you run the strip today ??

Saw the TTS2 car run a few time, not to shabby !!


No mate I'm personally not a fan off the strip...

.. did you see the Black TT-RS run?
3.15 to 60
11.68 for the 1/4

That's stage 2
Nudenut

No, missed that, good figures though  

Wasn't mad about the green and white sceme tbf!!  
jamiekip

Yeah, that is a very brave colour!
There car has the version 1 Milltek system, which I find very quiet... I'm getting the first production unit of the 'race' system which should be a little more exciting
Nudenut

Well if you end up running low 3's then there won't be too much bothers you off the line!! Ma barge would give you a run to the 1/4 though
jamiekip

I've just noticed your power figure... holy sheeeeet! Yeah I can imagine that is just getting its stride above 60 lol
I did see you run yours.... lovely car
Nudenut

Thanks mate... struggled trying to find best way to launch, in the end best time was with ESP on and my old man in car LOL Has run 3.6 & 11.6, not bad for a lump o lard  
StumpyRS4

jamiekip wrote:
Nudenut wrote:
Did you run the strip today ??

Saw the TTS2 car run a few time, not to shabby !!


No mate I'm personally not a fan off the strip...

.. did you see the Black TT-RS run?
3.15 to 60
11.68 for the 1/4

That's stage 2


That's bloody amazing.
Just think if MRC had it for a while?!

 

A20 LEE

those are very quick times, i'm shocked.  Is the 1/4 mile a little short?.  What are the terminal speeds?  A mid 11sec runs means terminal of 135-140mph.
jamiekip

StumpyRS4 wrote:


That's bloody amazing.
Just think if MRC had it for a while?!

 



I can't see them extracting any more out of it tbh.  Chatting with the Revo guys before fitting I get the distinct impression they have done avery thorough job on this one... they did say it wasn't easy...
StumpyRS4

I would put money on an MRC Custom Map extracting more from the car than Revo...

But that said, the Revo map has done well.
jamiekip

StumpyRS4 wrote:
I would put money on an MRC Custom Map extracting more from the car than Revo...

But that said, the Revo map has done well.


My only concern (and I'm not an expert!) would be that the bespoke software could potentially push parameters to far hanrming longer term reliabnility?!? I don't know.
Having said that Revo do log your car before installing and set accordingly.  With the SPS controller you also have a degree of tweaking on fuel, boost and timing

I'm just loving the smooth delivery of it... feels very OEM... just much quicker lol

Went for light night drive last night and with the cooler air it was even better
StumpyRS4

^^ Not at all.  All maps are set safely within parameters, as are generic maps such as Revo.

Revo sounds semi-custom/semi-generic if that makes sense...

Again, I wouldn't want the option to adjust fueling or timing TBH.  One map for fast road/track maybe, one for economy and another for spirited road driving sort of thing.  Something like Viper is now offering...
jamiekip

I guess that makes sense.
With the SPS thing you can select:
Stock
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Kill (immobiliser)

Map 1, 2 & 3 can all be defined by the user, but I'm taking my car to revo next Monday to get them set up:

Map 1 - Mild daily map
Map 2 - Harder 'fun' map
Map 3 - Euro map (for use with lower octane fuels when in Europe)

They do advise only adjusting setting on the SPS yourself if you have VAGCOM so you can log the car.
scoobydood

Jamie - I'm guessing those times were achieved with a DSG box? Does it have some form of launch control as well??
jamiekip

Nope - s-tronic TT-RS are not on the road yet.
He does have a WOT box fitted, but he's not managed to get it running (no instructions for installation in to this motor yet!).
He does have Toyo 888's on achieved on stock fuel
scoobydood

jamiekip wrote:
Nope - s-tronic TT-RS are not on the road yet.
He does have a WOT box fitted, but he's not managed to get it running (no instructions for installation in to this motor yet!).
He does have Toyo 888's on achieved on stock fuel


Makes the result even more impressive then
I've always felt that a quicker box on the (R)S4 (like a DSG) would make a huge difference on the 1/4 mile.
jamiekip

The all do... compare DSG golf mk5's versus standard one's on the 1/4 and there is a big improvement.
DSG tends to have launch control too.... but no fun in DSG.  I like to have 3 pedals and total control
ANDY S2

The TTRs where the fastest cars of the day consistantly ,no drama just amazing 0\60 s in the 3s ,i the tuning options def work  thumb: still a little girly for me though  
jamiekip

ANDY S2 wrote:
The TTRs where the fastest cars of the day consistantly ,no drama just amazing 0\60 s in the 3s ,i the tuning options def work  thumb: still a little girly for me though  


lol makes your car a bit of a 'wimp' then
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi TTS & TT RS (8J) quattro
Page 1 of 1