Archive for AudiSRS.com The place for Performance Audi
 


       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S4 & RS 4 (B5) quattro
cgtechuk

Value of the B5 S4 Avant

I have 2 x S4s and selling one off i the next few weeks.

Is it just me or is the value of the PFL B5 S4 Avant dropped since August time??

I am hoping to get my money back when I sell mine 2.5k you reckon that is reasonable for a PFL with coilovers and exhaust? or should I hang on to it till later in the year.

Looking to see if anyone had any opinions on this?
guymcc

All about condition and history, especially recent history....
Burnzybubbles

That's not a lot to go on to give you a ball park figure to be fair.
cgtechuk

Burnzybubbles wrote:
That's not a lot to go on to give you a ball park figure to be fair.


Apologies, Not got any pics as im at work.

S4 Avant in Santorin Blue
S Plate PFL
Coilovers
Cat Back Stainless
RS6 Wheels (5 spoke 18")
Black Leather Interior (Non Recaro)
Timing belt not due doe 25/30k

Down sides:

Dash display not working (Usual Pixel Issue)
ABS Light on (Although I would prob fix that for selling)
Could do with a Track Rod end and Rocker cover gasket
Bonnet has some rust round the badge
Bumpers could do with a paint

MOT till May
Shamx1166

I think the preface lifts will gain value sooner as they are older but got this info .......

I suggest entering reg number to get this info for free see if all get the same kinda valuation:

www.ukvehicle.com/numberplates





Post yours now see if they are valued that much as traders have them up at a good price.
cgtechuk

Shamx1166 wrote:
I think the preface lifts will gain value sooner as they are older but got this info .......

I suggest entering reg number to get this info for free see if all get the same kinda valuation:

www.ukvehicle.com/numberplates





Post yours now see if they are valued that much as traders have them up at a good price.


Hi mate got the same valuation amount but that cannot be accurate lol
calibra_se8

RS4 B5's are climbing in value, so inevitably S4 B5's will climb too. I haven't seen a half decent one sell for under 3k for a little while now.
Burnzybubbles

I reckon a low mileage minty k04 s4 may go for 10k+ but standard tidy average mileage s4's aren't at the 10k mark yet, I've seen quite a few pfl between 3.5k and 6k nothing fancy and more than likely sold for less.



Your missing vitals like mileage as that will play a big part in sale price, condition of seats? When was the timing belt done as iirc it also has a time span of 5 years so it may have 30k miles left but it may be due in a weeks time what stuff has been replaced recently? Much paperwork with the car? This is what I'd be looking at if I was buying a car.
cgtechuk

Burnzybubbles wrote:
I reckon a low mileage minty k04 s4 may go for 10k+ but standard tidy average mileage s4's aren't at the 10k mark yet, I've seen quite a few pfl between 3.5k and 6k nothing fancy and more than likely sold for less.



Your missing vitals like mileage as that will play a big part in sale price, condition of seats? When was the timing belt done as iirc it also has a time span of 5 years so it may have 30k miles left but it may be due in a weeks time what stuff has been replaced recently? Much paperwork with the car? This is what I'd be looking at if I was buying a car.


Yeah this is true, In my example Mileage is 150k Seats are in good condition, no rips or splitting. Timing belt was a few years back 3 maybe? Fair bit of receipts and all I have done is service in last 4 months of ownership.

What you are saying is encouraging, I bought it to tide me over whilst I fixed up my own so not wanting to make mega money on it just the same money back would be fine lol (2.5k) What you say makes sense and I think to be honest I was gonna get like pennies back for it lol
Shamx1166

Yes

I really like the fact pre facelift has no esp drives much better.

Still haven't tried my ko4d ecu yet.

Imola
Nogoro
Ming
Misano
Daytona and sure was rare option and
Silver most common.

In these avants are just beautiful compared to a modern car
Just a timeless classic like the Sierra RS Cosworth 4x4 estate...

Shamx1166

 
C J

They never made a cosworth estate!
Or a b5 in Daytona. But that would of been lovely. Agate grey was the colour.
rs6fan

If anything they should be going up at this time of year cold weather and quattro go hand in hand!
Shamx1166

Yeah your right..

Meant Avus think Daytona came in the c5 rs6

I seen a estate 2.9 4x4 with cosworth kit which seemed a ideal concept of a 4x4 tourer then Audi came along and perfected all and born was the rs4 b5 & set standards

C4 URS6 is what I really should have wrote
C J

Ah urs6. Now your talking!
Noggymike

guymcc wrote:
All about condition and history, especially recent history....


Burnzybubbles wrote:
I reckon a low mileage minty k04 s4 may go for 10k+ but standard tidy average mileage s4's aren't at the 10k mark yet, I've seen quite a few pfl between 3.5k and 6k nothing fancy and more than likely sold for less.



Your missing vitals like mileage as that will play a big part in sale price, condition of seats? When was the timing belt done as iirc it also has a time span of 5 years so it may have 30k miles left but it may be due in a weeks time what stuff has been replaced recently? Much paperwork with the car? This is what I'd be looking at if I was buying a car.





The two above comments say it all.

Also

The S4 values vary widely tbh, plus the age and spec etc.

Too many battered examples around sadly to be caught out with.

If you want top money you need to invest in your car to sell it.


Simples

Buyers on here are clued up.

They know what needs doing

They know the pitfalls

IMHO, remove your bartering factors as much as possible, a buyer generally will put a bigger value on repairing something than it actually takes, the DIS is a classic!



Only leave them the bits which are their choice to upgrade, ie brakes, suspension etc.

Invest time in preparing your car.

First impressions are key.

I personally think the S4 values are strong for the right cars, even pfl!


HTH
       AudiSRS.com Forum Index -> Audi S4 & RS 4 (B5) quattro
Page 1 of 1